Monday, June 13, 2011

Strong Enough

Hey there everyone!  Just wanted to take a minute to post a song that has spoken to Daisy like crazy (hee, hee, I'm such a poet) since she began her treatments.  It's called "Strong Enough" and was written by Matthew West.  The story behind the lyrics can be found here at matthewwest.com/2011/03/30/strong-enough/.  This song has meant so much to Daisy and I know that she will want you to hear the story behind it, but now on to HER story!  The "Encouraging Miss Daisy Benefit Dinner" is this Friday evening, June 17th, at the First Christian Church in Carrollton, MO.  It begins at 5:00 pm in the church basement on the west side which is Monroe Street.  There will also be a "drive thru" on the East side of the church which is Folger Street.  Both options are a free will donation.  We understand if you want to use the drive through and take your meal home; however, in the basement you will have the opportunity to take a prayer commitment card and sign her prayer quilt and also to buy one of her signature t-shirts.  Which takes me back to the song, "Strong Enough"!  Everyone knows that God has gifted Daisy with an amazing artistic talent.  She coupled that with her love of music when creating the design for the t-shirt and these one of a kind shirts will be available for order that evening for ten dollars apiece.  There are sizes for the entire family from toddler to adult. 

Before I sign off I want to add a verse of scripture that spoke to me today.  It is Psalm 34:19
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them.
  When I don't have the words to pray God is always faithful to give me HIS WORD and then I can't go wrong.  I hope this helps as you all are praying for Daisy as well. 

7 comments:

  1. This verse was on kloves website yesterday and it has really helped me when praying for Daisy & her family. "Let all that I am praise the Lord, may I never forget the good things He does for me. He forgives all my sins & heals all my diseases. Psalms 103:2-3 NLT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your treatment went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy, We are so sorry to hear you have to go through this again!!! Just know that we, like everyone else, love you. If you need a place to stay up here, just give me a call. Love you - tons!!! Phil and Patti Flinn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Daisy you probably don't remember me but I remember you that is for sure. I dated your brother-in-law when he and I were in high school. I always thought so much of you, you were always so kind to me. A lady I work with has been keeping me up to date on you. And today she shared this blog with me. My family and I are praying for you and are amazed by your positive attitude. I linked this blog up to my blog so maybe a few others can read your story and send a few prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    We were unable to make the benefit and would like to send a donation. Can you please let me know the best way to do that.
    Thanks,
    Jennifer Appling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jennifer
    Anyone who would still like to donate can mail a card with the donation to Daisy's home address. She'll love hearing from you. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marlena Sears GrahamAugust 18, 2011 at 10:42 AM

    Daisy!
    I want to tell you something. I grew up in Carrollton and went to school there my entire life. You may remember me:) For the first 25 years of my life I led a very selfish sinfilled life. It wasnt until I was 26 that I allowed God to get ahold of me, but when he did!!!LOL!
    It is only through the blood of Jesus Christ that I live. I cant tell you the number of times that God has swept in and been the hero, saving me time and TIME again from the enemy and myself.
    I can honestly sit here and say that God used you numerous times for planting seeds in my life at a very early age. You might not have realized it in school...but because of your obedience to the Lord, heavens population went up one:) I am now a joint aire to Jesus Christ. Thank you...a million times over for being obedient and living your faith. In His Service- Marlena Sears Graham

    ReplyDelete